CSS Sprite Maker is a freeware Windows application that combines different images into a single image for use in modern web design and generates relevant CSS.
Using CSS Sprite Maker is very simple. Just select the different icon images you want to join, tweak the options as per your need and hit the Generate button. It will make a single transparent PNG from the icons and generate necessary CSS and HTML for you to use in your web design.
- You can choose the images you want in the sprite.
- You can change the order of the images by using the Up/Down buttons.
- You can specify CSS class name for the main sprite class ad for individual icon classes. By default the icon file name will be used as the class name for that icon but you can change it if you want.
- CSS Sprite Maker is best used with glyph/flat icons. These icons usually come in black. With CSS Sprite Maker you can set the color of the icons.
- CSS Sprite Maker can also add a hover state for you. You can specify foreground and background color for the icons.
- You can create multiple sprites with CSS Sprite Maker and save the settings so next time you want to add a new icon or change an icon you can just load up pre created sprite and make changes.
CSS Sprite Maker is a portable freeware. Just download the zip file, extract and start using.
CSS Sprite Maker requires .Net Framework 4.0 or later. If you dont have it already then download latest version of .Net